Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week #6: Spring Fever

Spring is fast approaching and I couldn't be happier. I love living on the East Coast and having four seasons but it's those last weeks in winter when I always find myself in a rut. I always look at the beginning of a season as a fresh start and I'm always inquiring about new things I can try and get myself into. 

In our Social Media class, we've just begun reading "The Search." John Battelle discusses the phenomenon that is Google and it's extraordinary ability to give us the answers to what we're looking for. No matter who the searcher is or what you're typing in the search field, Google has had a profound impact on our society and has enabled us to acquire new information with just one click. Battelle says "The search all starts with you: your query, your intent-- the desire to get an answer, find a site, or learn something new." 

So what have I been googling for the past week? Spring fashion! It's fun to mix it up once in a while and put pieces together but I always find myself wearing my favorite clothing staples which mostly consist of black. And no, contrary to what so many people think (trust me, I get asked every other day), black does not mean you are goth or depressed! I know the color black is usually worn for sad occasions but I believe you can wear all black no matter what they occasion! It's chic, easy and let's face it, slimming! And, it can be a lot of fun playing around with different textures. It's also perfect for transitioning from daytime attire to night. Look at how fabulously elegant Victoria Beckham looks in all black. 

Photo taken from Zimbio.com

Though I'll continue to wear all black, I do want to add more color into my wardrobe for Spring and Summer. I find inspirations all over the net especially on blogs I mentioned here but I've also discovered that some of my favorite stores and retail websites have started blogs! These blogs aren't hugely advertised and I probably wouldn't have found them if it weren't for my online shopping hobby. I stumbled upon the Kate Spade blog after following their Twitter page. Their latest post features an office display that reads "The Year of Color," with a caption "Live colorfully!" Ha! Rent The Runway also has a cool blog that includes photos of their new pieces as well as their staff's favorite places and things. It's interesting to see what other fashion lovers are into! Here are a few things I'll be adding to my closet this Spring. 

White Lace
Love the structure of this top. Crisp and clean. 


Feminine Blouses 
Love the bow and this color! 
Lulus $33



Nude Heel

Lengthens legs and great for in/out of the office. 
  Nordstrom $89.95


Orange
Photo taken from People Style Watch. Amazing pop of color! Unexpectedly polished.


So fashion lovers, what are you most excited about this Spring?

12 comments:

  1. I love an all-black (or all-white) ensemble. They always seem to make a statement. I'm living in Japan and can't wait to purchase my first pair of lace shorts. They're definitely not for the faint of heart, but I love that they can be dressed up or down and are flirty chic but still comfortable.

    Oh, and espadrille wedges in bright colors and fun patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylie! Great to see you on here! I love the all white too, so crisp. That is awesome you're living in Japan! I'm sure the fashion is amazing there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may have to buy those nude heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, they are so simple but fierce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm somewhat biased on loving this post because march is my favorite month (my birthday!) and always brings thoughts of spring, but I'm especially loving the green blouse! I always forget about the lulu's site, but will definitely be looking into purchasing that shirt that is a great spring color and also so affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu's is amazing! They have the cutest dresses too. I wanted that blouse in white but it sold out in like a day. I'm really into gem colors right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I realize I'm tardy to the party, but I'm not as familiar with Lulu's. I'll def be checking them out.. very cute blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!! I did my weekly response post to your post about spring fashion (for our social media class). http://myprlife.blogspot.com/2011/03/response-post-3-spring-fever.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sabrina! Can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was in college, my wardrobe consisted of black and grey. Now I've graduated to bright bold colors literally thanks to my wonderful sister! I get my inspiration to the Japanese and Europeans and then create my own. I love it! We should go shopping sometime Dy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Japanese fashion too-- so unique and interesting. And I love the chicness of European style. We should definitely go shopping!

    ReplyDelete