Wednesday, January 26, 2011

DC Restaurant Week

I was pretty excited to catch the end of DC Restaurant Week. Locals go nuts during this week over scoring three-course lunches for $20.11 and three-course dinners for $35.11 at some of the city's top restaurants. My friend Issara recommended Oya Restaurant and Lounge for me and Steven's date night. We were definitely in for a treat. 




The ambiance was impeccable and the decor was absolutely striking. The space was adorned with white marble, baroque prints, a 12 ft fireplace in the main dining room,  a crocodile skin bar, 20 ft long waterfall and crystal chandeliers. The Asian fusion menu which consisted of sushi, small plates (garden, land and sea) and full entrees was equally impressive. We both decided to try the prix fixe menu, starting off with spicy tuna rolls and calamari, roasted chicken and grilled beef sirloin and finishing off with banana bread and butter pudding (a must try!)


Grilled Beef Sirloin

To top it off, the service was great and the staff was very friendly. It seemed like the ideal Valentine's Day spot (guys, take note!) or catching up with friends over cocktails. Also, notice how I said I caught the end of Restaurant Week-- that Saturday was completely booked for the day even when calling at lunch time, so book early! Easily one of my new favorites. 

1 comment:

  1. wow that looks really nice Dyanne! I don't think I have ever even heard of this place haha

    ReplyDelete