Monday, January 31, 2011

Week #2- Inspired


As mentioned in my very first post, I have toyed with the idea of blogging for some time now. I consider my “inspirations” to be eclectic, relying very little on one person or thing and rather discovering bits and pieces in random places.  Whether it’s in photographs, street art,  a beautifully crafted ensemble or a motivational speech,  it’s because of this variance, I found it difficult to focus on just one topic and instead created a “lifestyle” blog.

Let’s start with the word lifestyle. It is defined as a way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group. Fortunately, the internet has created a space for individuals to express their ideas and engage. In Cluetrain Manifesto, Levine et al (2009) says “To call it a ‘platform’ belies its hospitality. What happens on the Net is more than commerce, more than content, more than push and pull and clicks and traffic and e-anything. The Net is a real place where people can go to learn, to talk to each other, and do business together. It is a bazaar where customers look for wares, vendors spread goods for display, and people gather around topics that interest them. It is a conversation.”

Gold Rushed will be a compilation of my daily inspirations and personal passions, be it self development or fashion. My ardor with fashion started at a very young age. It was more to me than clothing but more as a means of self expression. As I’ve gotten older, it has extended to a passion for style and aesthetic, having an admiration for creative pieces from creative minds.

I anticipate Gold Rushed being an avenue in which those sharing the same passions as me can express their ideas and inspire each other. Choosing the “lifestyle” route verses concentrating on one topic will hopefully encourage a diverse group of followers and will allow for richer discussions. As said in Cluetrain Manifesto, it’s time to “start talking.” It’s fun and exciting to be inspired but what good is it if you don’t share it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment