Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Response Post #2: Fashion and Friends for Japan

Reading Nicki Anderson’s blog post "A Shake Felt Around The World,"reminded me of how fortunate we are, especially as we reflect on the tragedy in Japan last month. I felt so foolish as I remember, a couple days prior to the first earthquake being so upset about dropping my IPhone and a couple weeks before then, accidentally putting my IPod in the washing machine. Yes, my careless mistakes annoyed me to no end but they were so incredibly trivial after putting things into perspective. Since then, I’ve learned “not to sweat the small stuff” and be appreciative of what I have, no matter how small or large.

Last week, while browsing ITunes, I came across Songs for Japan. The compilation album consists of 38 popular artists including Lady Gaga, U2, Bruno Mars and Madonna and is available for $9.99. Proceeds will benefit the Japanese Red Cross Society. Even though people can still donate traditionally through websites like the American Red Cross, it’s interesting to see how retailers are using their resources and creativity to encourage donations.

Online auction Fashion and Friends for Japan kicks off today until the 28th of April. Organized by the Council of Fashion Designers of America and it’s fashionable friends, fashionistas can bid on one of kind experiences and over the top fashions.




Items include:



As if this wasn’t fabulous enough, visit CharityBuzz for the complete list! All proceeds will go to the Japan Society and their relief fund to aid victims of the earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment