Friday, April 22, 2011

Response Post #6: Royal Wedding

It's hard not to be drawn into the Royal Madness circulating around next week's wedding extravaganza. Millions of people around the world are anxiously awaiting for William & Kate to tie the knot. People.com has devoted a whole page to the Royals and there has been so much chatter about Kate's wedding dress. On All About The Wow Factor's Royal Wedding post, Gina poses a number of interesting questions: 

Gina: My question(s) to you all is: Would you want your wedding to be like the royal wedding? Are you not interested in the wedding because their budget is endless and not realistic for the average person?  Do you think their is too much hype on the wedding and takes away from the importance of a wedding? (Not true.)

For the beloved prince and princess to be, a lavish affair is more than appropriate. Personally, I would want my wedding to be more intimate. Whenever I think of an elaborate wedding, I always remember the scene from the Sex and The City movie when Big tells Carrie that their wedding was becoming a circus. Though he was a jerk in the movie, it showed how a union of two people ended up being a production or spectacle for others. I don't think this is the case for every elaborate wedding but I do feel that sometimes people can be over-the-top and get caught up in the frenzy. Their endless budget makes me more interested just because it's a rarity. I can't lie, I am a fan of Kate-- I love her elegance. And, as Celebrity Wedding Planner David Tutera says, even though they will be following tradition, it'll be exciting to see how her style is incorporated into the wedding. One more week!


No comments:

Post a Comment