Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Response Post #3: Be Jeweled

After reading Miss Major Substance's blog post about jewelry, I felt compelled to respond to it since I am a jewelry-lover myself. My theory is, the gaudier, the better! I know tons of women go nuts over diamonds and carats but I've always preferred more fun, funky jewelry that you can mix and match. This is probably because every time I've gotten something fairly expensive as a gift, I always end up losing them (terrible, I know). Do you all remember that episode of the Housewives of Beverly Hills when Taylor Armstrong dropped $60K on her daughter's 4th birthday and bought Hello Kitty diamond necklaces for all her friends? Insane! I honestly couldn't imagine spending that kind of loot even if I had it. 

In college, I went through a Juicy Couture phase and was obsessed with collecting their charms. I hardly ever wear them anymore but still love their cutesy studs



Speaking of studs, Kate Spade also has a few on my wish list like these Sea Glass earrings.  I like the glamourous but simplistic feel of these studs and how they could compliment any outfit, whether it's for work or going out (plus, turtles are good luck!). 


Although I love perusing Juicy and Kate Spade, my favorite, favorite, favorite place to buy jewelry is Forever 21. Their jewelry is versatile, fun and best of all, inexpensive. You can find the coolest pieces for $3-$15. I have gotten tons of compliments on pieces from Forever 21 and love seeing people's reactions when I tell them where it's from and how much I paid for them. My fashion philosophy is: it's not about how much it is or where you got it from, it's how you wear it! I'm a fan of mixing designer pieces with bargains. 



2010 14th Annual Prism Awards: 

Dress- Forever 21 $40 
Earrings- Forever 21 $6 (!!!)
Bracelet- Forever 21 $10 (!!!) 
Shoes- Jessica Simpson $60


Funny story about this night. The event was held at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I walked into the bathroom to fix my makeup and a girl said to me "I love your dress! Where is it from?" I told her it was from Forever 21. She then gasped (I'm serious, she gasped) and said to me "Oh my god, don't say that out loud! Tell people you got it from Saks or something!" I shook my head and told her to have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your earrings, dress & bracelet combined are all still under the shoes! Such a cute outfit, makes me wish I lived closer to Forever because they definitely can have some great finds!

    ReplyDelete